Welcome to Lancaster Area Sewer Authority
- LASA remains focused on the health and well-being of our employees and our customers. LASA employees that provide your service every day operate under policies designed to protect our communities’ health and safety. LASA will follow CDC guidance and comply with all PA state mandates.
- As of June 7, 2021, Lancaster Area Sewer Authority (LASA) will operate with the following modifications:
- The office at 130 Centerville Road is open for public access.
- If visiting the LASA office you must comply with CDC guidance and all PA state mandates.
- If you are not fully vaccinated you must wear a mask. Fully vaccinated visitors need not wear a mask.
- Customers can make payments online (without any fees), through the mail, or by utilizing the drop box at our 130 Centerville Road Administrative Office front door entrance.
- Our Online Bill Pay continues to be an option through our website that accepts payments from credit cards, debit cards, and electronic checks with no fees to the customer. The payments are posted to your account in real time. Staff is available via phone to answer questions you may have.
- To make a contact-less payment at the office, place the payment stub from your bill and your payment (check or money order, no cash please) in an envelope and put it in the drop box to the left of our front doors.
- The LASA treatment plant in Washington Boro is open to trucked waste customers and other visitors. All trucked waste customers and other visitors must comply with CDC recommendations which includes masks for those not fully vaccinated.
We recommend visiting the PA Department of Health’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) website for further information: CLICK HERE
Thank you for your cooperation.
Reminder: Personal wipes, baby wipes, cleaning wipes, disinfecting wipes and paper towels should never be flushed down the toilet. Even those that are marketed as “flushable”. These items do not break down in the water like toilet paper does, and they can cause clogs and stoppages. If you run out of toilet paper, we suggest facial tissue as an emergency substitute to toilet paper.
The Lancaster Area Sewer Authority (or LASA) is a municipal authority organized in 1965 under the Pennsylvania Municipality Authorities Act of 1945. LASA currently owns, operates, and maintains a sanitary sewer system that serves approximately 40,000 customers representing about 125,000 citizens and 1,400 businesses located in nine Lancaster County municipalities including East Hempfield Township, West Hempfield Township, Lancaster Township, Manor Township, Manheim Township, West Earl Township, East Petersburg Borough, Mountville Borough, and Columbia Borough. The LASA system includes approximately 620 miles of pipeline, 44 pumping stations, two wastewater treatment plants – one designed to treat up to 15 million gallons per day of wastewater, which when treated is returned to the Susquehanna River, and one in West Earl Township designed to treat 545,000 gallons per day.
LASA GUIDING PRINCIPLE: To provide quality service and apply technology to process wastewater so as to protect and enhance the environment and health and well being of the community at a reasonable cost.
The regular Lancaster Area Sewer Authority Board Meeting scheduled for June 24, 2021 at 7:30 am will be held at the LASA treatment plant at 4160 Blue Rock Road, Washington Boro PA 17582. You can join the meeting via Zoom by clicking on the link below.
Join Zoom Meeting
People can also join by telephone by calling one of the following phone numbers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 870 0410 8033
The Lancaster Area Sewer Authority will hold its regular monthly board meetings on the 4th Thursday of each month in 2021 and January 2022, except November and December 2021 when it will be held on the 3rd Thursday of the month. The June 24, 2021 meeting will be held at the LASA treatment plant 4160 Blue Rock Road, Washington Boro PA 17582, and all meetings thereafter will be held at 130 Centerville Road, Lancaster PA 17603 beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Michael A. Kyle