Tours are a great way for groups to learn more about the complexity of treating wastewater and how LASA keeps our community's water clean for future generations. LASA offers free public tours of the Susquehanna Water Pollution Control Facility located in Washington Boro, PA.
For your safety and enjoyment, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- The minimum tour age is 9 years old (fourth grade).
- All participants younger than 18 years of age must have chaperones at the following ratio:
- Grades 4 - 5: 1 chaperone for every 5 students
- Grades 6 - 8: 1 chaperone for every 8 students
- Grades 9 - 12: 1 chaperone for every 10 students
- Two weeks advance scheduling is required.
- Tours can accommodate 20 visitors per available LASA tour guide.
- Tour days and times may vary based on staff availability and priorities.
- The tour is approximately a one-mile walk roundtrip and will take approximately one hour. Please notify LASA staff in advance if there are any participants with physical disabilities and accommodations will be made.
- The majority of the tour is outdoors. Dress appropriately for the weather. In the summer it is advised to bring water, sunscreen, and insect repellent. In the winter, the tour will be cancelled if ice or snow is present.
- Wear closed toe shoes. No flip flops or shoes with heels.
- No smoking or eating during the tour.
- Restrooms will be available at the beginning and end of the tour only.
- The facility is monitored by surveillance cameras, portions of the tour may be captured by these cameras.
- No picture taking or video recording is permitted without permission being granted by LASA staff.
- Tours may be ended for any reason. Safety is our first priority.
To schedule a tour please contact our Operations Chief.